With Postern, you can redefine your the behavior of all your devices' network traffic:
1. Network traffic can be redirected through your configured proxy servers. You don't need to configure proxy for each App and Apps that do not support proxy also will honor proxy configuration. All you need to do is put your proxy server in Postern and specify which hosts/destinations should be visited through the proxy. Postern supports all popular proxy servers, like no other Android Apps do, as below:
And it naturally can be used to by-pass Internet censorship(for Chinese users especially and in corporate networks that have firewalls to block you from certain sites), and a perfect tool to hide your IP address/identify.
2. Postern can also be configured as a firewall to block any attempts to visit malicious sites, so your sensitive data and private information won't be sent out. You can also use it to block Ads on various Apps, but we recommend you to use this with cautious.
3. You can also use Postern as a sniffer, to capture data packets from all Apps. And analyze these packets for your own purpose.
NOTE -- 3.0.0 is not compatible with old version App data. All your configurations will have to reconfigured into Postern.
The latest version includes:
1. Whole new rule processing engine -- Better defined, must more flexible, with efficiency and robustness greatly improved
2. All traffic on your device will be subject to Postern rules
3. A lot of improvements to stability and memory consumption.