- sorting by name, date or size
- different view modes and icon sizes
- localization with lots of languages already included
- breadcrumb and tree view for faster browsing
- custom header and/or footer for each directory
- filter for displayed files and folders
- calculate folder sizes
- auto refresh of folder content
- packaged download of selected content (
- QR codes for file links
- thumbnails for images, movies and PDFs
- image and text file preview (including Markdown rendering)
- audio and video preview (depends on browser and codec)
- Copy folder
_h5aito the document root directory of the web server:
DOC_ROOT ├─ _h5ai ├─ your files └─ and foldersVisit
http://YOUR-DOMAIN.TLD/_h5ai/public/index.php, this page shows some hints on the server's capabilities.
/_h5ai/public/index.php(note the leading slash!) to the end of the default index-file list. In this way h5ai will manage all directories in and below
DOC_ROOTthat don't have a valid index file.
- Apache httpd 2.2/2.4: in
httpd.confor in any directory's
.htaccessfile set for example:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php /_h5ai/public/index.php
- lighttpd 1.4: in
lighttpd.confset for example:
index-file.names += ('index.html', 'index.php', '/_h5ai/public/index.php')
- nginx 1.2: in
nginx.confset for example:
index index.html index.php /_h5ai/public/index.php;
- Cherokee 1.2: in
cherokee.confset for example:
vserver!1!directory_index = index.html,index.php,/_h5ai/public/index.php
_h5ai/private/conf/options.json. You might want to change some of the documented settings. But there are some more files in
_h5ai/private/confyou might have a look at.
- No web server specific things are supported, that includes access restrictions! Best chance to make restricted areas work and secure might be to place folder
_h5aicompletely inside that resticted area. Use it at your own risk!
- Does not work with aliased folders in general (as available in Apache httpd). Aliased folders make it impossible to map URLs to file system folders.
- If no icons are displayed, chances are that you have to add the SVG MIME-type to your server.
- On Ubuntu servers you might need to install an additional package for PHP JSON support.
- To use optional features based on shell commands the PHP functions
passthrumust not be disabled in
php.ini(have a look for
DOC_ROOT └─ some └─ folder ├─ _h5ai ├─ your files └─ and folders
http://YOUR-DOMAIN.TLD/some/folder/_h5ai/public/index.phpto see if everything works fine. In this example you need to add
/some/folder/_h5ai/public/index.phpto your the directory index (as in step 2 above).