Total Pageviews

Monday 19 March 2012

解决debian os无法修改密码的问题 Current Kerberos password

Best solution:
# apt-get remove –purge libpam-krb5
Debian Unstable (Sid) – Unable to Change Root Password
Today while updating the server that uncompiled.com runs on, I ran into a weird problem that is a first for me using Debian. After changing my APT sources from Lenny to Sid and doing a routine apt-get dist-upgrade, I by necessity went to change my root password. Normally a very mundane task for a Linux system, I immediately hit a wall.
www:~# passwd root
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
passwd: password unchanged
Upon seeing this, I started to figure out reasons why this may occur. After attempting to double-check /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow for any anomolies, I moved on to a recommendation by a friend who told me to try a pwconv just in case files had gotten out of sync. Nothing was panning out for a solution. I decided to test a normal user account which presented me with an interesting situation.
www:~# passwd test
Current Kerberos password:
Here’s the problem — I don’t use Kerberos on this system, nor did I even have the software installed to begin with on the system. Having noted this, I edited /etc/pam.d/common-password and noticed immediately that an undesired line was present
password requisite pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000
I went ahead and decided to just completely purge the problem considering that again, I had no use for Kerberos authentication with PAM on my system. I opted to execute the following command.
# apt-get remove –purge libpam-krb5
Once executed, password changing resumed to functioning properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment