Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 February 2016

Surfboard

Surfboard是一个过滤HTTP 1.1 代理。它通过交互式的HTML 控制台、IP隧道、WindowMaker applets和一套过滤器来执行动态的过滤管理功能。

Surfboard is a filtering HTTP 1.1 proxy. It features dynamic filter management through an interactive HTML console, IP tunneling, WindowMaker applets, and a suite of filters. See the Features page for details.
Who should use this? Surfboard is a "personal proxy", intended to be used by individuals rather than organizations. It's purpose is not to censor or monitor surfing activity, nor is it intended to implement caching within the proxy. Filters could be written to do these things, but it's not something I'm personally interested in doing, and it's already available in other proxies. My goal with surfboard is to make a proxy that covers new ground and let's you "surf in style" by adding visual feedback, interaction, and network load balancing to make websurfing more enjoyable.
Why another filtering proxy? A long time ago, I wanted a simple way to examine HTTP headers for a project I was working on. All the existing proxies I found were overkill for what I wanted, and were nontrivial to configure. So instead, I spent a lunch break writing a very simple proxy in Java that did everything I needed. Later I modified it to remove certain types of banner ads, but I was unhappy with the code -- it was ugly and difficult to maintain. I imagined that someday I would re-write it and "do it right", making everything dynamic with a browser-enabled console, some WindowMaker applets to visualize HTTP activity and to toggle filters on/off on the fly, etc. The typical second-system effect, in other words :-)
Surfboard is this re-written proxy, released under the GNU Public License。

from http://surfboard.sourceforge.net/